GrandSlamSingle.com  

Go Back   GrandSlamSingle.com Forums > Non Baseball Discussion > About This Site
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Say Hey's Avatar
Say Hey Say Hey is offline
Fanof41 Poster
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Garden State
Posts: 13,164
Isle Of Lost Posters

...or, where are they now?

I did not include those banned, nor anyone who announced they would be leaving for their own reasons. And if someone posted this year they are not included. Who did I miss and has anyone heard from:

Ace, B4,Catvent, CeCe, DKNJ,Genericusername, Hothousewife(possibly my favorite GSS screen name), It's Outta Here, L-L-L-Lenny and The Mets,MadMike, Mex 17, Mischa, NY86Boogie, Papa Bear, Pirate, Primetime31,Proud Met Fan, Purva, Rick67, SJU Hoopster, Skywalker, TheJigtser73, VBean, wendy.

I'm sure I've left some off.
__________________
Earmuffs
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Phil the Phan's Avatar
Phil the Phan Phil the Phan is offline
expatriot
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: slightly off-center
Posts: 27,956
I still see Misha on FB...
__________________
====================================
"I'm a Mets fan, so I've learned how to love unconditionally and get absolutely nothing in return."
--John Leguizamo
=====================================
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Tormented's Avatar
Tormented Tormented is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 6,224
I see MadMike and CeCe on FB.
__________________
"People have every right to choose to be conservative or liberal. I prefer to exercise that same right and instead choose to be American."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Rock-N-Roll's Avatar
Rock-N-Roll Rock-N-Roll is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,976
I see VBean on facebook as well...
__________________
RIP SHEA, MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-18-2011, 03:45 PM
alice's Avatar
alice alice is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LI
Posts: 7,112
The smart money is on aneurysm where Pirate is concerned.

I miss wendy, purva and PT31.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagebrush
You want to live somewhere with lower taxes than the USA? Try Chad or Somalia.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-18-2011, 03:48 PM
alice's Avatar
alice alice is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LI
Posts: 7,112
Oh and sagebrush, KCI and nightshade
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagebrush
You want to live somewhere with lower taxes than the USA? Try Chad or Somalia.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Rock-N-Roll's Avatar
Rock-N-Roll Rock-N-Roll is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,976
Oh.. I see Kevin on FB as well..
__________________
RIP SHEA, MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-2011, 05:30 PM
bix's Avatar
bix bix is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: High above the bay.
Posts: 9,076
I see sagebrush on FB occasionally. His last status update was classic SB:
Quote:
I will be out of the country with no access to Facebook for two weeks. Please send all pictures of your kids and pets to me as hard copies during this time.

I think he's in China. His gf might have just finished her doctorate.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Khaos's Avatar
Khaos Khaos is offline
Talks to strangers
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Stone's throw from Shea
Posts: 6,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-N-Roll
Oh.. I see Kevin on FB as well..
Kevin's doing well - he came to one of my boyfriend's gigs during a business trip to NYC last month...
__________________
It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity. -Dave Barry
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-03-2011, 10:13 PM
chrisann's Avatar
chrisann chrisann is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,956
Catvent was a real estate guy in Philly, I swear I think he was murdered. I thought I read that somewhere when I googled his name because we were supposed to meet up to go to Phillies/Mets games and he never answered emails.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:30 PM
primosean primosean is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 25 miles from NYSEG Stadium
Posts: 3,568
I have a feeling with tonight's news, we are probably going to have a lot of lost posters in the not to distant future.
__________________
To err is human, to forgive is a Mets Fan.
-Banner from the original Mets Fan Appreciation Day
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Lauren's Avatar
Lauren Lauren is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 8,069
Because Jose took a big offer to go to another team this website will lose members? I really don't think so. If anything, people will come here to complain about it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-05-2011, 12:07 PM
alice's Avatar
alice alice is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LI
Posts: 7,112
I think people have known that the Wilpons couldn't manage a laudr-o-mat since before the inception of GSS. I can't see this changing anything.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagebrush
You want to live somewhere with lower taxes than the USA? Try Chad or Somalia.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Lee27 Lee27 is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 7,456
I will continue to visit/post if only for a place to commiserate once baseball season begins
__________________
In the Spirit of Tikkun Olam - that obligation to look beyond our selves to make a better world. ...

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be measured by the way in which its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi, 1869-1948

"In the United States, if you canít frame your argument without invoking your religion, you donít in point of fact actually have an argument, youíre just being an asshole.". Jim Wright of www.stonekettle.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-20-2011, 09:14 PM
primosean primosean is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 25 miles from NYSEG Stadium
Posts: 3,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by primosean
I have a feeling with tonight's news, we are probably going to have a lot of lost posters in the not to distant future.


Apologies for that statement, but all of the negativity of the Reyes deal a few weeks ago, made me think that more people might leave due to this. Please forgive me.
__________________
To err is human, to forgive is a Mets Fan.
-Banner from the original Mets Fan Appreciation Day
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-20-2011, 09:44 PM
alice's Avatar
alice alice is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LI
Posts: 7,112
You can stuff your sorries in a sack, Mr.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagebrush
You want to live somewhere with lower taxes than the USA? Try Chad or Somalia.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-20-2011, 10:04 PM
primosean primosean is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 25 miles from NYSEG Stadium
Posts: 3,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice
You can stuff your sorries in a sack, Mr.

Thank You, Oscar Madison and George Costanza.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...20in%20a%20sack

Anyways, I agree. That was a lousy apology. I am deeply sorry that original post. I was fustrated when writing that. Feel free to give me 40 lashes with a wet noodle, I won't mind.

I better keep my big mouth shut or I'm liable to get in more trouble. I want to let you guys know that I am still with this forum and that I will still root for the Mets until I die. I haven't had as much time to post recently because of work and other things. So, if I don't post everyday, it's not because I have given up on the Mets or mad at you guys; It's just that I need to relax and maybe less posting.

Do you forgive me?
__________________
To err is human, to forgive is a Mets Fan.
-Banner from the original Mets Fan Appreciation Day
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-21-2011, 09:39 AM
alice's Avatar
alice alice is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LI
Posts: 7,112
I don't know what you were apologizing for in the first place, but who the hell takes someone seriously when they're quoting George Constanza?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagebrush
You want to live somewhere with lower taxes than the USA? Try Chad or Somalia.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-21-2011, 09:43 AM
greatbaboo's Avatar
greatbaboo greatbaboo is offline
Angel of Death
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,978
We may forgive.

But we will never forget.
__________________
THE GREAT BABOO HAS SPOKEN!!!!!!!!

***************************
YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!!!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
- Albert Einstein

"It is quite the honor to be dissed by morons."
- The Great Baboo
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-21-2011, 11:02 AM
tigger's Avatar
tigger tigger is offline
Queen Bitch
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 30,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisann
Catvent was a real estate guy in Philly, I swear I think he was murdered. I thought I read that somewhere when I googled his name because we were supposed to meet up to go to Phillies/Mets games and he never answered emails.
Whoa, what? How long ago was that?
__________________
Fred SELL THE TEAM!! SELL THE TEAM!!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-21-2011, 07:53 PM
MetInMd MetInMd is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 4,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by primosean
Apologies for that statement, but all of the negativity of the Reyes deal a few weeks ago, made me think that more people might leave due to this. Please forgive me.


Nahhhhh....misery loves company.
__________________
ďMembers of this Court are vested with the authority to interpret the law; we possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our Nationís elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.Ē - John Roberts
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-21-2011, 11:25 PM
imgreat95 imgreat95 is offline
All-Star Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Barkeyville/Grove City
Posts: 691
Send a message via AIM to imgreat95
Woohoo... I avoided the list. Must have been those 2 posts a couple months back. I always forget this place exists. And seeing as I am not a Mets fan, I think that is excusable....
__________________
"It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our job to arrange the meeting."
-Marines bumper sticker


Its supposed to be fun. After all, the man says 'Play Ball'.. not 'Work Ball' ya know?
- Willie Stargell
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-03-2012, 09:11 AM
FanaticMumf's Avatar
FanaticMumf FanaticMumf is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The Port of Bells (Bellport) on the Long Island...as Opposed to the Short Island.
Posts: 2,607
Send a message via AIM to FanaticMumf Send a message via MSN to FanaticMumf Send a message via Yahoo to FanaticMumf
I'm kind of like that old piece of gum that ends up in your shoe. You'll never get rid of me.

Unless you throw out the shoe....

Ok so maybe it wasn't a great analogy.
__________________
Let's Go METS n ISLES! Blue and Orange All The Way!

"I hate the Mets more than any team in history right now," said John Blaine, 39, who looked to be on the verge of tears as he walked home. "This makes me sick! I hope you have a terrible season."

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-05-2012, 09:15 AM
chrisann's Avatar
chrisann chrisann is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger
Whoa, what? How long ago was that?


I am not sure, I googled his name again, and now can't find anything.....
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Lee27 Lee27 is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 7,456
What happened to Turtle Construction Co,?
__________________
In the Spirit of Tikkun Olam - that obligation to look beyond our selves to make a better world. ...

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be measured by the way in which its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi, 1869-1948

"In the United States, if you canít frame your argument without invoking your religion, you donít in point of fact actually have an argument, youíre just being an asshole.". Jim Wright of www.stonekettle.com
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-30-2012, 08:17 PM
greatbaboo's Avatar
greatbaboo greatbaboo is offline
Angel of Death
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,978
Beaner is alive & well, and building shells.
__________________
THE GREAT BABOO HAS SPOKEN!!!!!!!!

***************************
YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!!!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
- Albert Einstein

"It is quite the honor to be dissed by morons."
- The Great Baboo
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-30-2012, 11:28 PM
chrisann's Avatar
chrisann chrisann is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,956
Lou moved to Manhattan....He is coming to my place to quote on some renovations in a week or so.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-31-2012, 09:04 AM
Rock-N-Roll's Avatar
Rock-N-Roll Rock-N-Roll is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,976
Yup! he moved there earlier this month... Never thought Lou would be a Manhattanite!!!
__________________
RIP SHEA, MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Lee27 Lee27 is offline
Hall-of-Fame Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 7,456
I didn't realize shells paid that well!!!

good for him!!!
__________________
In the Spirit of Tikkun Olam - that obligation to look beyond our selves to make a better world. ...

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be measured by the way in which its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi, 1869-1948

"In the United States, if you canít frame your argument without invoking your religion, you donít in point of fact actually have an argument, youíre just being an asshole.". Jim Wright of www.stonekettle.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2006 GrandSlamSingle.com